Organization : Beverly Hills Farmers’ Market
Competition Name : PickleFest Contest
Country : United States of America
Competition Deadline : August 7, 2016 — 9:00 A.M
Prize/Win : $200.00
PickleFest Contest Rules & Regulations :
1. The pickled product must be prepared by the contestant submitting the item for judging. No pickled meat entries will be accepted. Professional chefs and restaurant entries will not be accepted. Those who make a practice of selling their handicraft or who commercialize their work are not eligible to enter the contest.
Related : Unicity MY Prime Challenge Contest USA :
2. All pickled items must be made with a fruit or vegetable grown in California.
3. One entry in each category is permitted.
4. There is a nonrefundable $10.00 entry fee per applicant due by 1 p.m. Sunday, July 24, 2016, made payable to the City of Beverly Hills. Contestants can register at the Beverly Hills Farmers’ Market Information Booth each Sunday or mail registration to Beverly Hills Farmers’ Market, 501 Doheny Road, Beverly Hills, CA 90210.
5. Only the first 20 entries in each category will be entered into the contest. To be considered, application must be complete. On day of contest, bring entry to judging booth at 9 a.m. With delivery of product, BRING RECIPE TYPED OR PRINTED ON AN 8 ½” X 11” SHEET INCLUDING CONTESTANT NAME. No incomplete entries will be considered.
6. All entries become the property of the City of Beverly Hills. We reserve the right to use your entry in all print and electronic media, and to edit it for brevity and clarity.
7. Contestants can enter one item in each category –
** “Best Dill Pickle in Beverly Hills” – Pickles should be whole.
** Submit two (2) glass jars: one jar to be opened for judging (minimum 6 pickles for judging) and one for display.
** ”I can pickle that!” – Any pickled vegetable or fruit grown in California. No meat products.
** Submit pickled fruit or vegetable in two (2) glass jars: one jar to be opened for judging and one for display.
8. Label requirements:
** All entries must be labeled. Label must be placed securely on the side of the jar. Clear adhesive packaging tape is recommended.
** The labels must contain the following information: product name and ingredients.
9. Decals, labels, or other personalized decorations are NOT allowed on sides or tops of jars. This does not apply to the design printed by the manufacturer on the top of the jar lids. Jars with any personalized decorations will be disqualified.
10. Pickles and pickled products will be judged on color (15), taste (25), appearance (15), originality (20) and texture (25).
11. Best Tasting Dill Pickle in Beverly Hills winners will receive Nate‘n Al gift cards: 1st place $200.00, 2nd place $100.00, 3rd place $50.00. “I can pickle that!” winners will receive gift cards from Nate‘n Al: 1st place $100.00, 2nd place $75.00, 3rd place $50.00.
For more information, please call (310) 285-6830.